Wednesday, January 31, 2007

cleanliness is godliness


i wrote my friends recently letting them know that the dude whose office is next to mine clips his nails in there with the door open. he often does this during dinner time, which is what anyone would want to hear while eating dinner at her desk. so far, 3 people on separate occasions have commented that they've seen people clipping their nails on the SUBWAY. another friend informed me that she's seen a dude shaving on the subway, which still defies my imagination. of course, i once saw a guy flossing while walking down the street in midtown.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone I know told me a story about how about a guy on an NYC subway train whipped out a container of McDonald's pancakes and proceeded to dump packets of syrup on an adjacent subway seat. He then ate the syrup from the seat with the pancakes. Mind blowing, right?

Anonymous said...

Also, one of my coworkers clips his nails on the subway platform and wonders why people give him dirty looks. My question, why are these people carrying around nail clippers anyway?

Sometimes I apply deodorant while I am sitting at my desk at work.

E said...

re your first comment: i take it that was pre-mcgriddles.

Anonymous said...

this incident is probably why they invented mcgriddles!

E said...

what is UP with nail-clipping in awkward places in this town? some dude was doing it at a BAR last night! people, it is NOT cool!