Sunday, October 21, 2007

publications of no interest to me

on my plane ride back from ottawa, i was seated next to a very elderly gentleman (who, as it turns out, was an ambassador. unfortch, i didn't catch his name). he was very kind and we made polite conversation, but i really wanted to know more about was his reading material, no joke, "wooden boats".

whenever anyone would mention the recent "credit crunch" at work, i'd respond, "oh yeah", nod in acknowledgment, while thinking to myself "i don't know what that means". with that in mind, i attempted to read this very tedious article about the credit market, when i came across the following:

Merrill Lynch was by far the biggest issuer, underwriting $54 billion last year, almost twice as much as in 2005, according to Asset-Backed Alert, a trade publication.

sure enough, this thing actually exists.

a case i was reading a long time ago name-checked a trade magazine called "macaroni journal", a trade publication devoted to semolina flour products. hmm, i would've read that, i suppose.

3 comments:

cold4thestreets said...

I once had to do a lot of work for an article some partner was writing for Compliance Week. I basically wrote the thing, and always kind of wondered if she gave me any credit when it was published. Then I remembered, umm, who gives a fuck. It's Compliance Week.

E said...

i think i've read compliance week, sadly.

Rachel said...

E, you are officially my favorite person in the world. Thanks for making me laugh this morning!
When I grow up, I hope to be in house counsel for Trade Journal Weekly, the industry publication for the industry publication industry.