Tuesday, March 4, 2008

i've been wondering this very thing

the nostagiathon continues. i think this might be a sign that the times has one too many blogs...

but huh? what is the conclusion here: I think that Alex might just be ready to take a chance. I can picture him stepping into the voting booth, closing the curtain behind him, taking a deep breath and then for the first time in his life putting his hand up to the Democratic Party lever. He’d touch it tentatively, trying to get comfortable. Take his hand off. Put it back. He’d grasp the lever firmly. Squeeze it. And as he was about to pull, we FADE OUT.

2 comments:

cold4thestreets said...

I disagree. I think this is the kind of stuff that should replace the cavalcade of bullshit the Times often allows into its mainstay pages. This was actually interesting.

By the way, "I bow to no one in my desire to see the capital gains tax eliminated" is all I really need to know about Goldberg. He's an ass. The history of American philanthropy can be traced back to the institution of this tax.

E said...

i admit that this probably is better than david brooks.