Thursday, February 15, 2007

rawyer renga


a friend of mine recently introduced me to the renga, a collaborative poem. the first person composes the 5-7-5, then another adds 7-7.

thanks to a slow week at work, my friends and i managed to compose the following masterpieces:

1) i created this one before i realized the poem was supposed to be collaborative:

[my 2 syllable monikered friend]-san gave me
newly composed renga poem
extra two stanzas
haiku amateurs ashamed
hiding under trapper hats

2) this one was done properly:

gawker recent post
what's up with: white converse sneaks?
shame spiral ensued

console myself by saying
they are comfy so suck it.

3) then we stopped here because we surpassed our low expectations:

Ironic beards found
On b-burg dudes' white faces
Super gay not butch

good thing i always wear my
chunky bike chain on the L

6 comments:

cold4thestreets said...

Here's my 5-7-5. It is based on an exchange I witnessed in Spanish class the other day. Yeah, I audit class with a bunch of 18-year-olds. What? That's how I roll. Please complete, Blogger E.

Earnest, Cath'lic girl:
"Yeah, St. Mary's! You go there?"
Boy smirks, "Fuck Jesus."

E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
E said...

psst, who's that super old dude there
does he habla espagnol?

cold4thestreets said...

that first line's 8 syllables, and the "gn" constuction is italian, and most important, the super old dude is the man. do you think he'll buy us beer after class?

E said...

hm, i added the "psst" bc i counted incorrectly. consider it omitted and revised:

who's that super old dude there?
does he habla espagnol?

E said...

oh and my bad - gn is also french, which was why i was confused.