Friday, August 17, 2007

gimme a silver wings holiday!


there was this terrible TV ad in the 80s in canada. to think of it, it actually was from some sad little bellingham affiliate station, but i digress. i think the ad was for a sandals-like vacation package and all these eager people in it sang, "give me a silver wings holidaaaaay!" even as a kid i thought, man these people are desperate.

but now i feel like i've become one of those people, wishing for an oasis in the desert that is the working world. don't get me wrong - considering how demoralizing my job could be, it treats me well enough and i don't have much to complain about (surprising, i know). nonetheless, it only recently hit me that i'm not gonna get a bloated 6-week vacation at the end of my summer job. this shit's full-time, dammit.

anyhoo, i'm off for a week-long vacation to the land of donuts and hockey pucks. of course, it's gonna rain almost the entire time i'm there. sigh.

but speaking of canadia, is john mccain funny?

1 comment:

cold4thestreets said...

Hey, Enjoy your vay-cay. And, btw, Vancouver looks fucking beautiful. Tell your parents we're coming to visit them.