Friday, August 31, 2007

Odyssey -- Part I

So, on Wednesday Pockets and I lit a trail out of DC. Our goal--loosely defined-- is to arrive in the Bay Area on September 14th. Most of our journey so far has been southwards. Yesterday, we were in Durham, which post-rape-scandal has become a heavily policed town. Make of that what you will. We walked around campus a little, which wasn't too nostalgic an experience for me because there's been so much construction since I left the place looks pretty different. Freshmen walked around dazed, douchey law students chatted into cell phones, picking at their neck-ties, in between their on-campus interviews. We looked up my thesis in the library, took some photographs in Cameron, I pointed out where Dawson's Creek scenes were filmed, and then we blazed out of there.

Now, we're in Augusta, home of some golf tournament and James Brown--whose statue (pictured) stands on Broad Street across from the Augusta Commons. This weekend we're in the ATL, where I plan to kick it with Andre 3000 and Jermaine Dupri.

1 comment:

E said...

don't forget usher!