Friday, July 6, 2007

Rescue Dawn



I heart Christian Bale. I heart Werner Herzog. And above all, I heart Elton Brand. He spent his recruiting weekend at Duke eating Subway with me and my friend Bhavik, watching MTV, and spitting some of the most incompetent game I have ever born witness to. Spike Lee's vision of recruiting trips it was not. After having been ditched by my dormmates Chris Carrawell and Mike Chappell, Elton should have turned his back on Duke, but I like to think the kindness of spirit that Bhavik and I showed him that night inspired him to sign on, dominate his sophomore year, and become an all-star with the L.A. Clippers. And I like to think that somewhere along the way he found his mojo--though I can't take credit for that.

And why am I talking about Elton along with Herzog and Bale, you ask? CHECK IT. And check out the trailer for Rescue Dawn above.

1 comment:

E said...

can't we use the patrick bateman tag here?