Monday, July 2, 2007

Music Video of the Day: T-Shirts for Hipsters



When I was in college I wrote a story for one of my creative writing classes called "T-Shirts for Hipsters." I think it was about two DJ's living in Cape Town; the thing about the collegiate artistic spirit is that it's not daunted by a lack of talent or potential charges of inauthenticity (I am no DJ, and a semester spent in Cape Town does not make me its grand laureate). Alas, on a day that Scooter Libby has avoided the hippest of all t-shirts--the old black and white, horizontally striped one--I give you what W refuses to: Justice, but in this case I mean the blogosphere's newest Bright Young Things, and their video for "D.A.N.C.E.," an answer to my short story, which somehow they must have read along the way--presumably between bong hits 4 Daft Punk. (E, make sure to click on the "Daft Punk" link.)

4 comments:

E said...

the daft punk link is broken! agh!

E said...

don't be modest. didn't nadine gordimer write a blurb for the inaugural publication of "t-shirts for hipsters"?

cold4thestreets said...

It should be fixed now. And after you click on it, can we agree that people who scream "Owww!" at mildly amusing/interesting things should be barred from public life?

E said...

but what will white people do now that the arsenio hall fist pump/roll is no longer acceptable as a sign of approval?